Thursday, March 22, 2012

Black Apple Doll Named Baby

I made my first Black Apple Doll yesterday. The pattern is a freebie found http://www.marthastewart.com/264299/black-apple-doll. There is a tutorial video. It is best to watch before cutting your pieces. The pattern is printable and needs to be enlarged 150%. No problem. The problem is not realizing that the pattern pieces for the arms and legs needed a seam allowance added. Yes, I had to redo and sew them twice. My doll went to a sweet friend's 16 month old. Taking that into consideration, I didn't paint the face but instead embroidered it. I also added ribbon around the neckline for a necklace/collar and another ribbon for a belt. I chose a bright color for the legs for a tights look. I wanted Baby to be bright and cheerful. 


I gave Kenna her Baby on our ride home from the airport. She is here with her momma, my sweet friend, Jill. Kenna hugged and kissed and yes, chewed, on Baby immediately. :)

This was a fun project and I plan to make a few more for gifts. The possibilities for variety are endless. And of course, the older the child the more accessories can be added. Has anyone else tried this pattern and if so, what did you think? Share your link with me so I can check it out. 

linking up to:

4 comments:

  1. Aw how sweet! Looks like Kenna really loved her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does love Baby. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. Remarkable article, it is particularly useful! I quietly began in this, and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Delights, keep doing more and extra impressive! bestproductsaudit.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.