Thursday, March 29, 2012

I've Been Tagged

Marilyn of 4 You With Love blog tagged me in a blog questionnaire game of tag. The following questions are what I am to answer. Then I have to come with 11 questions and tag 11 people. I have never done this but am happy to give it a try to share a little about me and hopefully learn about others.


Here goes:


1.  What was your favorite childhood toy?
Barbie dolls and her house, van, and hand sewn clothes that my grandmother made for all my Barbie's.


2.  How many children were in your family and what is your birth order?
I am the oldest of two girls by three years.

3.  If you are married or seeing someone seriously, how did you meet them and what attracted you to them?

My husband, Stan, and I met in high school and we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in August.


4.  What do you do when you are not blogging? 
I don't work except at home, so I am generally cooking, cleaning, sewing, crafting or reading.


5.  Do  you  do any volunteering and if so what/where?
I spent 20 years volunteering at school, church, crisis pregnancy center, etc. Last year we had a tragedy in our family and I decided I needed time to regroup and focus on my family and friends. The free time has allowed me to help out friends in need and also to have a friend really give of her time to encourage me.


6.  What is your favorite activity that you blog about (cooking, sewing, knitting, painting, remodeling, etc)?
I enjoy all different activities but sewing/embroidery and cooking are my two favorites to blog about.


7.  What is your favorite childhood memory?
I loved vacations. On the morning that we would leave, my mom would pack a cooler with  
pistachio salad, strawberry dream salad and fried chicken. We would stop and picnic on the way to our destination. I always loved those picnics and the excitement of knowing we were headed someplace fun.


8.  Who is your (fantasy) dream guy?
Instead of who, I would say what makes a dream guy...honesty, faithfulness, kind, considerate, generous with his time, selfless, a man who loves God first and family second. 


9.  What is the "creating/crafting" skill your mom/grandmother taught you and you always think of them whenever you make something with this medium?
My grandmother taught me to cross-stitch, embroider and quilt. Anytime I engage in any of those activities, she is always on my mind.


10.  Where do you see your blog 12 months from today?
I hope active. I did well for a couple of years and then really let it slip away for two years. I started anew in January and really have a desire to continue blogging. I am hoping to meet new crafting friends, share new projects and enjoy the time I am online.


11.  Who is your idol?
My kids! I love them dearly and am so thankful they survived my parenting to grow into two wonderful, healthy, active adults. My son is 25 and my daughter just turned 23. My son told me last week that I was a Ball of Happy. I am choosing to take that as a compliment.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.