Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recipe Monday on Wednesday

Since I missed Recipe Monday, I thought I would make it up today. Enjoy.

Pico de Gallo


I love Mexican food and especially love the fresh flavor of cilantro. Pico de Gallo goes great with my Chicken Enchilada Casserole, which is what I made last night.

Pico de Gallo

4 ripe plum tomatoes (the store didn't have plum yesterday so I used Campari - delicious)- seeded and chopped

1 small white onion, finely chopped

1/2 cup cilantro leaf, chopped

2-3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped or 1 - 2 Serrano peppers (I like Serrano) seeded and finely chopped

1 Tablespoon lime juice

garlic salt- a pinch or good shake, to taste

Combine all ingredients, cover and store in refrigerator for at least an hour or so. Serve as an accompaniment to Mexican casserole or even tacos, etc. I love it with tortillas.

Chicken Enchilado Casserole recipe coming Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, looks tasteful, I'm going to prepare this for sure! Renata.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.