Monday, June 15, 2009

Recipe Monday

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

3-4 chicken breast, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the 98% fat-free)
1 can cream of chicken soup (low-fat again)
1 cup sour cream (I use low-fat but not fat free as it has a weird flavor)
1 can tomatoes and chili peppers (I use Ro-Tel brand)
Corn tortilla chips
2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican mix cheese

In a sprayed 9" x 13", crush chips in to the bottom of the dish until covered. This is the crust of the casserole. In a large mixing bowl, combine first five ingredients. Pour evenly over the crust. Sprinkle cheese over the entire casserole mixture.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly. I serve with salsa or Pico de Gallo, Spanish Rice, chips and Mexican dip, fruit, etc. It is an easy dish and happens to be my son's favorite.

I don't have a completed picture of the casserole. I walked my son through making this last week and tried to take some pictures. He was not thrilled to be the pictorial subject of my blog so all the pictures were a bit blurry. Just envision a cheesy goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Pam, we must similar tastes. I love this recipe and it's scheduled to make an apperance next week here!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.