Monday, June 29, 2009

Recipe Monday

My recipe this week is a delicious and very easy salsa. It is great served with Tortilla Chips, especially the lime ones, or corn chips. My friend, Brenda, served this to me a few years ago and it is now a go-to recipe for our family.

Black Eye Pea Salsa
1 can Bush's Best Black Eye Peas, drained (black beans can be used instead)

1 can white shoepeg corn, drained

1 can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano flavor

1 can Rotel tomatoes and chili's

8 ounces Zesty Italian Salad Dressing (can use fat-free)

Chopped onion to taste (I use a half of medium size onion)

Chopped jalapeno to taste

Mix all ingredients together and marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 1/2 hours. I think it is best if it marinates for longer, even overnight. This is great as an appetizer or as a side dish to any grilling menu.


2 comments:

  1. I'm salivating!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...this looks wonderful. I have a very similar recipe, but without the black beans -- we love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.