Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Do you ever get caught up in the day-to-day life and forget to stop and offer thanks for the good and, sometimes what we learn, in the bad? I do and that has prompted me to use Thursday's to record some of the things for which I am most thankful. Please leave a comment with what you are thankful for this week or maybe even just today. My goal each week is to share five different things. This week is my "typical" tributes but I will be trying each evening to think of something unique, large or tiny, that has happened and share on Thursdays.

1. I am thankful for my husband. Even when he is tired and has a too-full plate of commitments, he is still willing to work, volunteer, parent, be a friend and still always love me. I hope he always knows how appreciative I am of him.

2. I am thankful for my children. Both are busy with their lives but almost without fail, each day I get a call from my daughter who lives three hours away. Sometimes it is just to see what the day is bringing and sometimes to tell me a funny story and other times like today where she calls me from the grocery store to ask what type of potatoes go in a potato salad. (which she got the recipe from me yesterday. :) Since graduating college and moving back home, I have come to depend on my son so much. He has given me loads of help around the house and has now even started helping me in the kitchen in order to learn how to cook. He is working and has started his own business and yet still always seems glad to spend time with his momma.

3. I am thankful for all these days of rain we are getting in South Carolina. I find myself wishing for more sunshine but having been in a drought for several years, the rain is a blessed event. I hope to be appreciative.

4. I am thankful for friends and family. Ones I see often and others I see or talk with occasionally. Each bring a different gift to our family.

5. I am thankful for the gift of creativity. My mind is always in overdrive thinking of projects of sewing and crafts and it gives me a wonderful outlet and fills my days with a sense of accomplishment.

What are you thankful for today?

My personal daily reminder:

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1Thess. 5:16-18

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for friends like you, good coffee, our church, and God's love!! How could I forget Goodwill!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have far too many things to list here that I am thankful for, but topping my list would have to be my children and grandchildren. They are the light of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of a thankful thursday!! I might have to join you in this next time. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.