Monday, April 2, 2012

Ric-Rac Jar Vase With Spring Shelf Display

My husband hung a shelf over my sewing machine desk this weekend. I want to use it for my seasonal crafts and decorations. I immediately started adding a few pieces and hung the Spring banner but something was missing. I really needed a vase in the center. I have been holding on to my clear jars instead of tossing them in the recycling bin. I went to my jar stash and found the perfect size in a large salsa jar. I knew I wanted to "Spring" it up a bit and went to my ribbon stash. I decided to use large ric-rac purchased from Pick Your Plum back in January. I chose three colors and hot glued the ric-rac around the jar. One tip here: when gluing ric-rac, it is easier to place the glue on the ric-rac and not the item you are gluing to. It is easier to follow the curves of the ribbon.


The completed empty vase.




I didn't really want to go to the store, although I knew I could pick up a mixed bouquet for just a few dollars. Instead, I went to my back yard and cut small branches off our dogwood tree. What better bloom for Spring?



Here is the finished shelf. I have framed two 5x7 prints that I found free from Pinterest. The little blue bird figurine I found on the $1-3.00 bins at Target. I just think he is adorable. The hoop embroidery is from a stitch swap I participated in with Wild Olive and it arrived last week. The Spring banner is not homemade. In fact, I purchased it at Target for $5.99.


 I love how my first seasonal shelf project turned out.




Linking to:

1 comment:

  1. HI! Thanks for stopping by Our Pumpkin and Sweet Pea. I love your spring decorations. The banner and blue birdie are super cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.