After two weeks of cleaning and painting the house my son is moving into is almost ready for occupancy. The house is a cottage style, built in the 1940's and was needing lots of TLC. The two bedrooms, dining room and living room all have hardwood floors but they were beyond cleaning. There was paint splatter and lots of stains and wear from many years of use. It would require a professional to come in and refinish completely, something the landlady felt was cost-prohibitive and as a renter, my son, is not going to incur the expense. Instead, we settled on a more cost-effective and quicker fix, paint. After painting all the walls over the last week and a half, we taped off the trim, cut in with a brush and rolled the floors with Porch and Floor Paint. They look terrific, so fresh and clean. I finished the touch-ups last night and hubby started laying floor tile in the kitchen and laundry room. That project should be completed tonight and Cody should be able to move in over the next few days.
I am so thankful we are almost done and thankful Cody found a roommate to share the expenses and thankful he is happy with how everything has turned out.