Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recipe Monday

Not Your Typical
Baked Beans



A great pot-luck recipe that I am always asked to bring to a dinner is my Baked Beans. They aren't your typical beans. They have 2 meats and a sweet and savory flavor. I made these for a dinner we went to on Saturday evening and are shown in my casserole with insulated carrier.

Baked Beans

1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cans pork and beans
1/2 brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 cup ketchup
3-4 strips of bacon

Brown ground beef with onion. I boil it and pour off fat with water to help with the fat content. In large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, onion, sugar and garlic powder. Add ketchup; this should loosen the consistency. Add more ketchup, if needed. Pour in to a sprayed casserole dish. Place bacon strips on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes, until bacon is done and beans are bubbly.

Baked Beans are great with grilled meat, burgers and hotdogs or pulled pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.