1. What was your favorite childhood toy?
Barbie dolls and her house, van, and hand sewn clothes that my grandmother made for all my Barbie's.
2. How many children were in your family and what is your birth order?
I am the oldest of two girls by three years.
3. If you are married or seeing someone seriously, how did you meet them and what attracted you to them?
My husband, Stan, and I met in high school and we will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary in August.
4. What do you do when you are not blogging?
I don't work except at home, so I am generally cooking, cleaning, sewing, crafting or reading.
5. Do you do any volunteering and if so what/where?
I spent 20 years volunteering at school, church, crisis pregnancy center, etc. Last year we had a tragedy in our family and I decided I needed time to regroup and focus on my family and friends. The free time has allowed me to help out friends in need and also to have a friend really give of her time to encourage me.
I enjoy all different activities but sewing/embroidery and cooking are my two favorites to blog about.
I loved vacations. On the morning that we would leave, my mom would pack a cooler with
pistachio salad, strawberry dream salad and fried chicken. We would stop and picnic on the way to our destination. I always loved those picnics and the excitement of knowing we were headed someplace fun.
8. Who is your (fantasy) dream guy?
Instead of who, I would say what makes a dream guy...honesty, faithfulness, kind, considerate, generous with his time, selfless, a man who loves God first and family second.
9. What is the "creating/crafting" skill your mom/grandmother taught you and you always think of them whenever you make something with this medium?
My grandmother taught me to cross-stitch, embroider and quilt. Anytime I engage in any of those activities, she is always on my mind.
I hope active. I did well for a couple of years and then really let it slip away for two years. I started anew in January and really have a desire to continue blogging. I am hoping to meet new crafting friends, share new projects and enjoy the time I am online.
My kids! I love them dearly and am so thankful they survived my parenting to grow into two wonderful, healthy, active adults. My son is 25 and my daughter just turned 23. My son told me last week that I was a Ball of Happy. I am choosing to take that as a compliment. :)