Monday, January 23, 2012

Clean It Up!

There are so many recipes online for making your own household cleaners. Two of my favorite places to find recipes that actually work are Young House Love and her post on cleaning up your act naturally. 
photo from Young House Love blog

http://www.younghouselove.com/2009/10/clean-up-your-act-all-natural-homemade-cleaners/

Mini Manor has a post on homemade cleaners that is also excellent.
photo from Mini Manor Blog


http://www.maillardvillemanor.com/2011/09/homemade-cleaners-green-cleaning.html

I have found by making my own cleaning supplies that I save money and it is a much healthier option. The chemicals in most bought cleaners almost always irritate my asthma but using the recipes provided by the two blogs mentioned, I have had no adverse reactions, even when using the essential oils.  I have made and used the soft scrub, toilet cleaner, clothing spot remover, mold/mildew remover and tub and tile cleaner. I am planning to use Young House Love's recipe for liquid laundry detergent. Items are already purchased. I will let you know how I like it.


Do you have any homemade cleaning recipes or tips? I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.