Friday, August 31, 2012

Making Those Best Laid Plans

Redwork Embroidered Monthly Snowmen
I haven't felt too crafty the last few weeks. We have been busy painting kitchen cabinets and walls. The house seems to be in chaos and I am one of those rare individuals who cannot focus on anything creative unless all the house is in order. Crazy, I know. Most artsy people thrive on chaos but not me. I sort of shut down creatively. But...I did see on the calendar that September is National Sewing Month. That has put me to thinking and planning. What do I need or want to sew, machine or hand, in the month of September? My list, I am sure, is incomplete but I am hoping it will spur me in to action. 

Piece the embroidered monthly snowmen quilt.
Embroider quilt pieces for Christmas gift.
Sew daughter's tiger print dress using this tutorial pattern.
Sew floor cushions for daughter.
Embroider bacon kitchen piece for son. (Bacon is his favorite food)
Sew wonder wallets that are cut out.
Embroider my monthly sew alongs.
Christmas stockings for my family.
Work on yo-yo stash.
Sew a few mug rugs for gift stash.
Cover for ironing board.
Hoop projects for wall in sewing room.

This list should keep me busy for a couple of months! What about you? Do you have a sewing list for September? Share it here! I love to get inspired by projects made by you!


Second half of monthly redwork snowmen.

sharing:

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these. I have been wanting to start a hand embroidery project (pillow of our summer vacation places) and I had no idea Sept was national sewing month... seems like the perfect excuse to get started! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love how they turned out too. I have a hard time deciding which month I like the best! They are all such adorable patterns. You are right, September is a perfect month to get started with your embroidery project. I can't wait to see what you do with your vacation ideas. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness, Pam! Those snowmen are so stinkin' cute. You have to get them pieced. I can't wait to see the final product.

    I haven't been feeling too crafty lately either :(. Work has been so insane that I haven't had time to think of anything else. I'm hoping September will allow for more creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mareth! I have the strips cut out for piecing. Now I just have to spend some time getting them done.

      Spent an hour on Pinterest last night with another crafty friend and it helped to put me "in the mood" to create! LOL. Now, I just have to actually do it and get out of the hunter/gatherer mode. Especially since I don't have work as an excuse. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.