Monday, November 19, 2012

Veggie Salad & A Lot Of A Month Of Thankfulness


Do you have that go-to dish you like to take when your girlfriends get together? Mine is this scrumptious and easy Veggie Salad. It goes together beforehand so no rushing around at the last minute. It is a cold dish, which is easier than keeping something warm and it taste oh, so good!

Veggie Salad

1 can LeSueur Peas, drained
1 can shoe peg corn, drained
1 can French-cut green beans, drained
1 jar pimento, chopped, drained
1 cup celery, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped

Dressing:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup Smart Balance oil or your oil choice
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Dissolve dressing over low heat. Let cool. 

Mix all vegetables in a large bowl. Pour dressing over veggies and mix well. Let sit in refrigerator at least 24 hours prior to serving. Will last in refrigerator for 2 weeks. 

Serve cold. Makes 8 servings.

A Month Of Thankfulness - Days 13-19

I am a week behind on my thankful posts. Not that I am not thankful but that I was sick most of the week last week and took a few days off to recuperate and then immediately went out of town. 

Day 13 - I am thankful for the military men and women who serve our country.  We have some wonderful friends and family that make this sacrifice daily. No thanks are ever enough.

Day 14 - I am thankful for Stan's family. When we married 30 years ago, I inherited a new family. I am thankful for each and everyone of them. 




Day 15 - I am thankful for NyQuil. :) Yes, that trusty friend helped me rest when I was so congested and miserable.

Day 16 - I am thankful for old friends. Sometimes seasons of life may move you away from one another but the foundation of friendship remains.

Day 17 - I am thankful for my daughter's boyfriend, Rob. He not only loves our daughter but is always so welcoming to Stan and me. We have shared many good times over the last 2 1/2 years and I look forward to many more. I love him like a son and am so thankful for his kind and considerate heart. 



Day 18 - I am thankful for second chances. 

Day 19 - I am thankful for my son and daughter's friendship with one another. 
 Taken in May 2011 at Hanna's college graduation at College of Charleston.

Life is good.




2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.