Yesterday and today I have been baking for my family. Red Velvet Cookies are oh so delicious. It is almost like eating a mini cake. Wonderful! My daughter lives in a different state. I baked, packaged and mailed off two tins of cookies to her. My son lives next door. Very convenient. I will hand his to him this evening.
I pinned the Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookie recipe on Pinterest. It was originally posted on Peace of Cake blog. They just looked so yummy and I am a fan of Red Velvet Cake.
The cookies were easy to make and made the house smell divine. The only change I would make on the original recipe is to NOT preheat oven when it suggests. The dough has to chill for a minimum of two hours.
Gather your ingredients.
You will need:
8oz. (1 brick) Cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 c. Butter, softened (1 stick)
1 t. Vanilla
1 (18-ounce) box red velvet cake mix
Powdered sugar, for rolling/dusting
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in egg, then the vanilla.
- Beat in the cake mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up.
This is the dough after chilled. It is very thick.
Preheat oven to 350*.
- Roll batter into tablespoon-sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. I used parchment paper to help with clean up. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." Cool completely and sprinkle with more powdered sugar, if desired.
Just seconds out of the oven!
Original post found here.http://peaceocake.blogspot.com/2010/02/red-velvet-gooey-butter-cookies.html
http://www.notjustahousewife.net/, http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/, http://www.uncommondesignsonline.com/2012/02/uncommonly-yours-link-party-15.html, http://www.504main.com/2012/02/tickled-pink-no-86.html