Sunday, August 23, 2009

Amy Butler Birdie Sling Bag Completed

I had a very relaxing weekend. Yesterday I slept in, went out to lunch with my son and husband and to run a few errands and back home to piddle about in the house. And yes, I did get some sewing done!


I finished the Birdie Sling bag for my daughter. I really like the combination of the two fabrics and think it will work great for fall. Hanna wanted a bag big enough to put a couple of college textbooks, a notebook and her purse items. This bag is large and roomy with four large pockets. Next time I make this pattern I will add a magnetic snap or a big button for closing the top. It does not call for one but I always like a bag to fasten. Other than that I think this is the easiest Amy Butler pattern I have made. I did change one thing: it called for the outer fabric to have interfacing but I was using a very heavy home dec fabric and chose not to. I used linen for the lining and used an iron-on fleece for the interfacing. It gave the bag plenty of support.

Inside of the bag. I used linen and the handle and band fabric to make the pockets.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic job!! Hannah will use it proudly I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Pam! The fabrics you chose are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, what a beautiful bag, those 2 fabrics are fantastic! Hugs, have a nice week, Renata.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.