Monday, August 31, 2009

Recipe Monday

I am sorry for the lack of photos over the last week and this one. My son borrowed our camera and took it with him to Charleston to visit his sister. He left it there. I have to get her to ship it but her schedule is so crazy with classes, internship and working that she has not been able to get to the post office. Maybe this week.

This recipe is the very best Sloppy Joe recipe I have ever eaten. I think it is the soup that gives it just a bit of different flavor. I have been making this for about 8 years. Let me know if you try it.

Sloppy Joe

2 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped small
2 1/2 tablespoon, Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon mustard
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the low-fat, low-sodium)

Fry meat with onion. Drain and add salt and pepper to taste. Add remaining ingredients and simmer. Serve on hamburger buns. Makes 8-10 sandwiches.

This can also be put in a sprayed Crock-pot to simmer for no more than three hours.

I serve with slaw and some type of potato and fruit.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam--I miss sloppy joes--my mom made them with nearly the same recipe--except she used a can of tomato soup!!!! I had you down for the Christmas in Aug challenge and I do not see any posts on your projects for that--could you email me with how many projects you did and if you got some done--please include your mailing address as I would like to send you a thank you gift--email me at--dimygift2u@aol.com--thanks--hug, just, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it -- that sounds great! We haven't had sloppy joes in ages -- thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.