Monday, March 16, 2009

Recipe Monday

I would love to have pictures of items needed and the finished product however, it's not only Monday but a Monday following a weekend out of town and getting back too late to get much of anything done because I was just too tired. Then when I sat down at the desk this morning, I looked at my calendar and realize I have a doctor's appointment for a checkup! Eeek! I thought it was tomorrow! Oh well...here is one of our family favorite recipes. It is easy and filling and is wonderful served with a green salad or fruit salad and you have a great meal. Hope you enjoy!

Chicken Pot Pie (or if vegetarian omit chicken and have Veggie Pot Pie)

3 boneless skinless chicken boiled and cut into bite-size pieces (hint - I never use a knife to cut meat in the kitchen but instead use my kitchen shears)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup - I use 98% fat-free
1/2 a can (using soup can) of milk
1 can of Veg-All drained (you can use any veggie, fresh, frozen or canned but pre-cook)

Mix together and pour into a sprayed casserole dish.

Crust: Mix 1 cup self-rising flour, 1 cup milk, 1 stick of butter, melted. Pour over casserole. Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until light golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. I have never tried making CPP this way, but I will soon.
    I'll talk to Maddie and see what we can do about getting some type of book club going for the summer. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make my pot pie with cream of chicken soup and biscuit mix :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.