Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tutorial Tuesday


FABRIC BIRD
Spring is officially here but we have had a temperature set-back! Brrrrrrr! It is barely above freezing this morning and my body just can't accept it! Even with the cold, I awoke to birds singing in the Crepe Myrtle tree right outside my bedroom window. I love to watch and listen to birds. With my longing for Spring weather, I decided to sew up a cute little birdy last night. The pattern is a freebie from Living Creatively out of Australia. The link follows.
My little bird is currently residing on my desk as I type but I may move him to my kitchen window so that I can enjoy him while cooking and doing dishes. Isn't he cute? I took these pictures while he was resting on my bed this morning.
I think a mobile of birds would just be lovely or even to hang one of these in your window with clear line would be great. I was also thinking today that you could embroider the eyes instead of buttons, to prevent a choking hazard, and add a few pieces of folded ribbon along the seams and make a bird ribbon lovey to include in a baby gift. I need to get back to my sewing machine to try out some of these ideas!

1 comment:

  1. This is one I think I could do! Adorable. Chloe will love this! I just found a cute bird cage at consignment that would be a great home! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.