Monday, May 4, 2009

Recipe Monday

My family loves casseroles and really, what's not to love? You can put together a hearty meal, that includes veggies, carbs and meats, in minutes that feeds an entire family. And most importantly, they taste great! This recipe is loved by my family. I hope you enjoy making and eating it. I forgot to take a picture of the ingredients and even forgot to take a picture with it all together. I did, however, take one after we had served ourselves dinner.


Chicken Broccoli Casserole


1 large box of Rice-a-Roni, chicken flavor

16 oz. frozen broccoli florets

3 chicken breast

1 can cream of chicken soup (I use low-fat version)

3/4 cup mayonnaise

1 cup chicken broth

1 cup cheddar cheese


Prepare Rice-a-Roni according to package directions. Boil chicken. Save 1 cup of the broth. Cook broccoli florets slightly. Chop chicken in to bite-sized pieces. Mix soup, mayonnaise and broth thoroughly. Layer rice, broccoli and chicken in a sprayed 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Pour sauce over the rice mixture. Cover with 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until bubbling, about 20-25 minutes. Serve with fruit and bread and you have a delicious meal. For vegetarians: replace chicken broth with veggie broth and omit chicken.

3 comments:

  1. This is another of our favorites. Yummy. I just got home and did pretty well with the dreaded list!! Much love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HMMM, looks very tastfull, going to try this out!
    Thanks for comming by on my giveaway. Hugs, Renata.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. Think I'm gonna have to try this one;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.