Monday, May 11, 2009

Recipe Monday


Lemon Cheese Pie

1 - 8 ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup of lemon juice
1 pie crust,
(you can use a homemade, frozen baked and cooled or a graham cracker crust. I have done all three and I can tell you the frozen is as good as a homemade and the graham is the easiest. It is your choice.)

In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the condensed milk and mix until creamy. Slowly add the lemon juice. When mixed well, pour in to a prepared and cooled pie crust. Refrigerate. May be served with a thin, sliced lemon that is scored and twisted and a dollop of whip cream.

This is a delicious and creamy pie that is just wonderful for summer dining and one of the easiest I have ever made. It is one of the three recipes my husband asked me to get from his mom 27 years ago after our wedding. In fact, my son requested this pie instead of a cake for his graduation dinner. It is definitely a family favorite. Hope you enjoy. :)

This recipe easily doubles, triples and quadruples for easy multiple pie making. I made three last week in one bowl. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.