Monday, May 18, 2009

Recipe Monday

Strawberry Fluff
or AKA
Pink Party Salad
There are food items that can take you back to childhood memories. This recipe is definitely one of those for me. My mom would make this salad anytime we went on a picnic, vacation or holiday. My dad often referred to it as Pink Stuff and we all four loved it. It is a simple salad that could even be used as a dessert. It is great for pot-luck dinners.
I made it this week for a friend's family and made us some for home. My son has requested this recipe to be included in a recipe book I am doing for him. He will be so glad it is an easy one.
Ingredients:
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 large box of Strawberry Jello (you can change the flavor of the Jello to any fruit flavor you prefer)
1 carton of small curd cottage cheese
1 large carton of Cool Whip
In a medium saucepan, mix pineapple and Jello. Heat until just boiling. Let cool completely. Add cottage cheese and Cool Whip. Stir together, pour into bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Easy peasy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hia I'm in the Christmas in July swap too and thought I'd have a nosey. :-)

    I love your car rubbish bag idea. I do like it when sewing is practical as well as pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each & every one.